Friday 11 September 2015

Me As A Consumer Of The Media

Music


I love to listen to music. It's one of my favourite past times. My favourite genre of music is Pop-Punk and Punk Rock, and I usually listen to it on Spotify, soundcloud or YouTube. I listen to it whenever I can, either in my bedroom, outside or anywhere around the house. I listen to music, mainly Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco and Green Day because the things they sing about, reflects on who I am as a person.

Green Day's 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams', is particularly meaningful to me as it reminds me of a point in my life where I felt alone. A lot of songs by these bands have hit close to home for me, such as Fall Out Boy's 'Thnks fr th mmrs' and The Pretty reckless 'Make me wanna die'. Another reason I like these types of music, is because they actually mean something to the band. This is highlighted by Blink-182's 'Adam's Song' which the band wrote after a fan wrote to them before he committed suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your insight.